The Famous Sky Dance Mountain Winery Experience
Escape from the city with the Sky Dance Mountain Winery Experience a one day adventure to the Bunjurgen Estate. The Bunjurgen Estate Vineyard is home to some of the best wines and ports in the area. Experience a hand-selected range of wines, meats and cheeses along with a breathtaking scenic flight as we fly through remains of an ancient volcanic crater.
The Sky Dance Mountain Winery Experience takes you out of the city and through the remains of an ancient volcanic crater, The Scenic Rim. Bunjurgen Estate Vineyard is home to some of the best wines and ports in the area, and vineyard owner and winemaker, David “Gun Smoke” McMaugh will take you on a journey with many stories to remember. Enjoy large locally butchered Charolais steak, fresh garden salad, fresh coleslaw, cheese and fruit platters, and homemade cheesecake with Dark Chocolate and Ruby Port for dessert before closing the day with a return flight through the mountains and back to Archerfield Airport.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Archerfield Jet Base, Hangar 5, QANTAS Ave, Archerfield QLD 4108|
|DEPARTURE TIME||See booking schedule – contact us for custom dates available.|
- Door-to-door pickup and drop off: Enjoy luxury and comfort door-to-door with the Sky Dance Mercedes V-Class or limo service. This means you won’t need to worry about enjoying the wine or driving home after a long day.
- Romantic or Photography package: Native flowers, chocolates, hand written card, and champagne included. Custom options on request.
- Hike Climb Fly is for those wanting a real adventure, including remote access skydive arrival in select locations! Most of our adventures have the option of rock climbing or hiking at the destination – your guide taking you to explore some of the secret treasures of Southeast Queensland and Northern New South Wales. Passionate and knowledgeable local guides provide you with one of the most unique and inspiring ways to experience the area. Click here for find out more.
- Bookings are subject to our Terms and Conditions.
- Prices are based on a minimum 6 person booking and subject to weather.
- In-Flight Presentation and refreshments.
- (Flight route) Example: Low-Level Adventure Flight past Brisbane City and around Mt Coot-tha.
- Booking in advance is recommended.
- Special dietary requirements are catered for upon request.
- Knowledgeable guides and guaranteed satisfaction!
Mountain Winery Experience
Get a fresh perspective viewing the world from the sky..
Begin your day at Archerfield Airport, just 15 minutes south of Brisbane Central Business District. After a Sky Dance Presentation with fresh morning coffee and refreshments, your aircraft will take to the skies and fly you away from the city and towards the Scenic Rim skyline to the west! After a 10 minute drive from the airstrip in Boonah Shire, you will arrive at Bunjurgen Estate Vineyard and meet the traveled and renowned vineyard owner and winemaker, David McMaugh. Share the rest of the morning and afternoon – stories, tales, and legends … come on a journey! Learn the history of the area, of wine-making in Australia and Queensland, and of the 12 surrounding National parks and World Heritage areas that make up this beautiful corner of Australia. The small boutique winery has made a big name for itself due to the experience and passion of, “The King” Dave McMaugh.
Work your way through the years, drinking the beautiful range of wines and ports grown and made solely from the grapes grown on Bunjurgen Estate – pesticide and preservative free of course. For lunch, enjoy a large locally butchered Charolais steak, fresh local garden salad, coleslaw, cheese and fruit platters, and homemade cheesecake with Dark Chocolate and Ruby Port for desert. No expense is spared with your experience, the cellar is yours to explore!
So come with us…escape from the city or your normal life, and immerse yourself in this vast mountain setting – in this unique community – and in an experience that will inspire you, and leave you with a greater appreciation of Australia’s Green Cauldron and how the community has worked together to preserve and protect it’s beauty.
Please know that Sky Dance adventures take you to places that inspire us, and we want to share this with you. These Experiences are not commercial production-line rides, but are designed as unique guided adventures that will take you on a journey, inspire you, and leave you with something more than what you came with.
Because of the nature of this experience, there are only select dates available, and bookings are recommended to be made well in advance. Contact Us for custom booking dates or book now and we will contact you with confirmation.