The Mt Warning and Border Ranges Scenic Flight is the most spectacular in Southeast Queensland.
The Mt Warning and Border Ranges Scenic Flight is by far the most spectacular of any Scenic Flight in this part of Australia. Hands down. Mt Warning and Mt Barney are the 2 volcanic plugs that were once the centre of two massive shield volcanos. This flight takes you on a journey, back in time, around the perimeter of both volcanic rims, one of which being the second largest shield volcano in the world! Fly into a lost world – viewing the volcanic flows and earths topography from the sky. Get inspired with an unmatched perspective on the geological beginnings of theses incredible mountain ranges.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Archerfield Jet Base, Hangar 5, QANTAS Ave, Archerfield QLD 4108|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Flights operate daily – please Contact Us or BOOK NOW to see current availability.|
Sky Dance is adventure! Get a taste of flight with this introduction to adventure in the sky.
- 75min flight experience
- Sky Dance Presentation
- Preflight drinks and refreshments
- Luxury Sky Dance Experience
- Business Board Meetings: The Archerfield Jet Base boasts a professional 1930’s themed board room with large glass windows overlooking the Sky Dance and Jet Base fleet of aircraft. This was QANTAS Airways first hangar in Brisbane, and has some real Australian aviation history. Lunch meetings or board meetings with a Scenic Flight for inspiration are very popular. An excellent way to both impress your clients and broaden your horizons!
- $200 for use of full facilities
- $20 per person for basic meal catering
- $100 per person for champagne and VIP catering
- Door-to-door pickup and dropoff: Enjoy luxury and comfort door-to-door with the Sky Dance Mercedes V-Class or limo service. This means you won’t need to worry about enjoying the wine or needing to drive home after a long day.
- $150 Brisbane area
- Luxury Picnic Getaway: This getaway lands you in one of our carefully selected airfields tucked away in the hills of Southeast Queensland. A luxury picnic and local snacks compliment the thrill of this exceptional experience! This is the perfect way to reconnect with friends and family, or take that special someone on a date they will remember for the rest of their life! Native flowers, chocolates, hand written card, and champagne included. Custom options on request.
- $25 per person special
- Hike Climb Fly is for those wanting a real adventure and to experience the real Australian bush. This is for all skill and fitness levels – experienced athletes and bird-watchers alike. Hike Climb Fly extras include remote-access skydiving arrival in select locations, TRAD rock climbing, Tandem Paragliding, and more. 1-5 night hikes are recommended, but single day hikes up Mt Warning, Mt Barney, and Mt Maroon are also a fantastic day out. Passionate and knowledgeable local guides provide you with one of the most unique and inspiring ways to experience the area. The Sky Dance guides are the most passionate and experienced guides in the area. Find out more here – The Sky Dance – Hike Climb Fly!
Flights can depart daily subject to availability – morning and evening flights are prefered as the flying conditions are generally better. (on this flight in particular we recommend flying in good conditions to get the most out of it). Approximately 75 min flight experience.
- Booking in advance is recommended
- Knowledgeable guides and guaranteed satisfaction!
- Flights fully transferable to your friends or family
- Bookings are subject to our terms and conditions
- Other airport departures are available with surcharge
- Special dietary requirements are catered for upon request
- Prices are based on a minimum 4 person booking and subject to weather
Link to our booking terms and conditions: https://skydance.com.au/booking-terms-&-conditions/
The Sky Dance Mt Warning and Border Ranges Scenic Flight begins at the Archerfield Jet Base with a presentation on the spiritual and geological history of the area. Enjoy fresh espresso, chocolates, and refreshments, before boarding our VIP turbo-charged Piper Saratoga or Piper Chieftain.
Departing to the south of Brisbane, this flight route is our most highly recommended. You can get a real feel for how the area was formed with the aerial perspective – flying through the Scenic Rim and the Tweed Valley Caldera. Mt Warning, The Lamington Plateau, Springbrook National Park, Mt Tamborine, The Lost World Plateau, The Border Ranges, The Scenic Rim (Mt Barney, Mt Lindesay, Mt Maroon, and Mt French), to name a few, are all destinations through this flight. Exploring the incredible remnants of these shield volcanoes is nothing short of inspiring. Once standing over 6000ft tall, these volcanos were once part of a different age as the Australian continent moved south. This volcanic history has given birth to the massive rock structures, vast mountain ranges, pristine coastlines, and rich sub-tropical rainforests that we can explore today.
Whether you have lived in Queensland your whole life, or are just visiting the area, you are guaranteed to experience this special part of Australia from a new perspective and leave inspired, perhaps, with a new found curiosity of what gems are still hidden in these mountains and valleys.
A surprising number of people who fly over this area return with us on our 1 – 5 night hiking / climbing adventures through the Scenic Rim, between Binna Burra and O’Reilly’s, and around the beautiful Mt Barney. Other popular destinations are climbing adventures up Logans Ridge on Mt Barney, or up Razorback Ridge to access the famous Lost World Plateau – Our Hike Climb Fly adventures are truely unique, and tailored for luxury! For the extreme athletes and birdwatchers alike. Read more about our Sky Dance – Hike Climb Fly.
The return flight takes you back into the city and to Archerfield Airport. But we hope that your imagination stays out in the mountains and valleys where you may return to someday soon…
– The Sky Dance Team