Discover Stradbroke Island
The Stradbroke Island Adventure is one of Sky Dances best one day adventures. Moreton Bay and the coastal islands just off the Brisbane coastline are some of our favourite places to explore. Moreton Island is the largest and Stradbroke Island is the second largest Sand Island in the world – an island of adventure waiting to be had! The Aboriginal name is Minjerribah, and the Quandamooka people are the traditional owners of North Stradbroke island. The captain of the first British ship of war that came into Moreton Bay named the island after his father the Earl of Stradbroke, and the island has had an interesting history of importance in many ways. Today it holds attractions for locals and travelers alike, and the Sky Dance Stradbroke Island Adventure is one of the most incredible ways you can experience what this beautiful area has to offer. With the airborne perspective of flying out across Moreton Bay, see both Moreton and Stradbroke Islands from the eastern coastlines. Usually you can see stingrays, turtles, sharks, and a huge array of other thriving marine life in the bay, before flying across to land at Northern Stradbroke to explore the pristine western beaches that stretch over 30km along the Pacific Ocean. The bay life and the island itself are incredible to see from the air, but the real adventure starts on the ground…
On The Island meet ‘Barefoot Dave’ at the airfield with his turbo-diesel 4WD Adventure Truck. With over 15 years of guiding tours on the island, Dave is a modern legend of a guide! Our tours are all-inclusive VIP, with your choice of activities on the day.
This is a Sky Dance VIP Experience – Enjoy fresh espresso, chocolates, champagne, and refreshments at our 1930s themed Archerfield Jet Base. Exceptional value!
Flights book out in advance so please book ahead. Short notice bookings on availability – Contact Us directly.
Next tour dates scheduled 4th Saturday: 8th April, 29th April, 27th May, 24th June, 27th July
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Archerfield Jet Base, Hangar 5, QANTAS Ave, Archerfield QLD 4108|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Flights operate daily – please contact us or BOOK NOW to see current availability|
- Sky Dance operates 2 seater, 4 seater, and 6 seater helicopters from Archerfield, flown by the legendary Captain Mike! An additional $230 per person allows you to tour some of the major landmarks on the island by chopper low-level, and then land on the beach! Pickup and drop-offs for overnight stays may have an additional charge.
- Door-to-door pickup and dropoff: Enjoy luxury and comfort door-to-door with the Sky Dance Mercedes V-Class or limo service. This means you won’t need to worry about enjoying the wine or driving home after a long day. $25 additional charge.
- Romantic or Photography package: Native flowers, chocolates, hand written card, and champagne included. Custom options on request. $50 per couple additional charge
- 1+ night accommodation at beach villa on Stradbroke Island. Custom options available. The beautiful Wave Apartments at the Stradbroke Beach and Spa Resort host Sky Dance guests with VIP treatment and your guide will take you on a short half day adventure after breakfast the next morning. $550 per person all inclusive.
- Bookings are subject to our Terms and Conditions.
- Prices are based on a minimum 4 person booking and subject to weather and availability.
- In-Flight Presentation and refreshments included.
- Booking in advance is recommended.
- Special dietary requirements are catered for upon request.
- Knowledgeable guides and guaranteed satisfaction!
- Depart from the Sky Dance Archerfield Jet Base at Archerfield Airport
- 30 min stunning coastal and bay island flight out to Stradbroke Island
- Spend the day adventuring and exploring with Barefoot Dave
- 4WD Touring along the beach
- Sand Boarding
- Freshwater swimming at Brown Lake
- Bushwalking on the island tracks
- Boogieboarding / Surfing (surfboards rented on the day – extra cost)
- Snorkeling and Swimming in the ocean
- Tour through Point Lookout (STUNNING ocean cliff-top walk)
- Beautiful 3 course meal (home-made local foods)
- Ice cold beer and wine
- Overnight stays and custom options available
- Helicopter Adventure arrival from Archerfield Airport
‘Barefoot Dave’ has over 15 years of guiding tours on the island. Dave is a modern legend of a guide! Our tours are all-inclusive VIP, with your choice of activities on the day.
Contact Us for custom booking dates or to get any further information.