Hike Climb Fly
This is an Airborne Adventure that is guaranteed to get you pumped! Get out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself to explore your limits. Take to the skies on a Sky Dance Adventure flying from Brisbane (Archerfield), Gold Coast, or Sunshine Coast and out to one of our carefully selected mountains for the day. Experience Southeast Queensland on an adventure that will leave you inspired with memories that will last for a lifetime.
In The Scenic Rim your adventure will fly from Archerfield Airport to Boonah Shire where you will meet one of our 3 local adventure guides including the total epic outdoor legend, Steve Turner.
Our climbing guides have grown up in the area and have helped pioneer climbing in Australia. Many routes in the area they put up themselves and they have been guiding in the region and also internationally for 15+ years.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Archerfield Jet Base, Hangar 5, QANTAS Ave, Archerfield QLD 4108|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Flights operate daily – please contact us or BOOK NOW and we will contact you with availability.|
- Canyoning, paragliding, 4WD, and skydiving is custom to each guest. Contact Us for details.
- Door-to-door pickup and dropoff: Enjoy luxury and comfort door-to-door with the Sky Dance Mercedes V-Class or limo service. This means you won’t need to worry about enjoying the wine or driving home after a long day.
- $150 Brisbane Wide
- Romantic or Photography package: Native flowers, chocolates, hand written card, and champagne included. Custom options on request.
- $100 per couple
- Overnight accommodation is selected based on the guest. We love Mt Barney Lodge! But there are options available to suit all tastes. We would firstly recommend camping out under the stars, of course! Our famous Mountain Winery Experience is a popular upgrade for anyone who chooses an overnight adventure. The upgrade is great value at only $200 per person. Spend the day with vineyard owner David McMaugh!
Mt maroon is a remnant of the volcanic lava-flows that formed this region 20-23 million years ago. The mountain stands over 3000 feet tall and has a number of classic climbing and hiking routes up to its summit. Climbing and hiking on Mt Maroon is an experience that will leave even the most traveled adventurers wanting to come back for more. Towering volcanic rock, cliffs, ridgelines, and classic Scenic Rim bush, this mountain frames a vast range of adventures for all experience levels. Mt Maroon is home for a unique mix of Hiking, Climbing, Abseiling, Orienteering, and other adventure activities including SE Queensland’s legionary TRAD multi-pitch climb, Ruby Of India. Multi-pitch TRAD climbing is available to selected fitness levels and limited to smaller groups.
In the Glasshouse Mountains, our choice mountain is Mt Tibrogargan. This mountain holds a sacred heritage the Aboriginal/First Nation people of Australia. Mt Tibrogargan is own as the Father of the other mountains in the area, while Beerwah was the pregnant Mother. This mountain is also a remnant of a very different time, when the lava flows were under tremendous pressure under the earth and pushed their way upwards through weaker areas and pockets. As the lava flows cooled they became solid rock structures under the earth, and are now the only vertical pieces of rock that remain from the original 6500 foot mountain. Mt Tibrogargan has hundreds of rock climbing routes, both single and multi-pitch, however, even the trail that has been developed up the southern face is quite challenging and exhilarating for most people. There are far too many routes to name, but your guide will discuss the very best and most suited adventure for you, with all ages, experience, and fitness levels being catered for.
Climbing Route Selection
The route that you will climb up Mt Maroon or Mt Tibrogargan will be chosen based on the type of adventure you are looking for, and your experience level. All fitness and experience levels are catered for, and you will be challenged and pushed to explore your own personal limits regardless of your previous experience or fitness. Although all gear, food and drink will be provided, if you are looking to learn climbing, navigating/bush walking, or other skills from the experience, our guides will tailor the activities accordingly for your interests. In addition to this, our Sky Dance Approved gear specialists at K2 Base Camp in Brisbane Queensland will fit your gear and provide you with sound advice on the right tools to equip you for your adventure.
You are safe with Sky Dance. All the latest safety equipment and adventure gear is carried including satellite phones, the latest climbing and hiking gear, and fully trained instructors + guides who have the experience you can rely on. Sky Dance works with a team that you can relax with.
Notes / Terms and Conditions:
- Booking in advance is recommended
- Flights fully transferable to your friends or family
- Bookings are subject to our terms and conditions
- Other airport departures are available with surcharge
- All dietary requirements are catered for upon request
- Knowledgeable guides and guaranteed satisfaction!
- Prices are based on a minimum 4 person booking and subject to weather
Link to our booking terms and conditions
Tour Details and What To Bring
Hiking, Rock Climbing, The Magic of flight…This Sky Dance adventure will put you outside of your comfort zone and challenge you to explore your limits! Fly from Brisbane (Archerfield), Gold Coast Airport, or the Sunshine Coast Airport, and spend a day or more hiking, rock climbing, and flying through some of the most beautiful corners of Southeast Queensland. Our selected routes are on Mt Maroon in The Scenic Rim, and Mt Tibrogagin in the Glasshouse Mountains. Although these adventures cater for any fitness and experience level, our guides will always customise your experience to challenge and inspire you. Although all gear is provided, if you are wanting to purchase personal gear, you will be recommended a personalised gear specialist at K2 Base Camp in Brisbane Queensland to fit and select the appropriate adventure gear for you.
This adventure comes with all food, drinks, refreshments, and extras included, as well as customised climbing and hiking routes. The optional add-ons include Tandem Paragliding, Over-Night Bushwalking or Retreats, Canyoning, and 4WD adventures. Select dates are available. Book your adventure for groups of up to 8 people.
- 1 Hour Adventure Flight
- Morning Espresso, Drinks and Homemade Refreshments
- Multiple Snacks Throughout the Day
- 3 Course Meal
- Rock Climb and/or Abseil
- A Beautiful Hike with Local Knowledge from Experienced Guides
- Water and Drinks Provided Throughout the Day
- All Adventures from Sky Dance Come with a Pre-Flight Presentation on Everything You Will See During the Flight Including the Natural, Spiritual and Geological History of the Area.
What you will need to bring (we can supply most things on request):
- Water Bottle
- Comfortable Hiking Shoes
- Wind Breaker Jacket
- Quick-Dry Lightweight Shirt and Pants (long sleeves recommended)
- Sunglasses and Sun Hat
Optional Extras for Hike Climb Fly:
- Mountain Winery Experience
- Tandem Skydiving Arrival to Winery (very popular)
- Overnight Hiking Adventures
- Multi-Pitch Traditional Rock Climbing
- Canyoning Adventures
- Hike-Fly Tandem Paragliding
- 4WD Tour
- Five Star or Other Local Single or Multi-Night Retreat
Fine print includes in addition to standard Terms:
- Extra wine purchased can be flown back free of charge
- Special dietary requirements are catered for upon request.
- Infants and small children may be able to fly for free (1 per flight).
- Minimum of 4 guests per flight and subject to availability.
- Flights are available Saturday and Sunday unless arranged otherwise.
- Closed shoes to be worn on flight.
- No diving 24 hours prior to flight.
This Sky Dance Airborne Adventure takes you to one of 3 selected mountains in Southeast Queensland. Sky Dance founder Joshua Groth believes that the climbing and hiking experience on these mountains is one of the best in the area. If you are looking to explore a particular area we provide custom trips to select groups and experience levels.
Departure location is from our adventure headquarters at:
Hangar 5, QANTAS Ave
Archerfield QLD 4108